Fairfield West Public School was established in 1925 and is part of the Fairfield School Education Group.
In 2020 the student population is over 730 with a culture which is enriched by 92% of students with English as an Additional Language or Dialect. There are 32 mainstream classes and a Support Unit for students with a disability which has 7 classes.
There is a culture of high expectations and quality programs are delivered by the 85 teaching staff members.
The school also hosts a Community Hub and one Community Liaison Officer-Arabic who provides additional support for our learning community.
We offer students:
- Well resourced classrooms with access to Information Communication Technology to enhance 21st century learning
- Excellent Literacy and Numeracy programs
- Early Action for Success
- Support and Learning Assistance
- Community Languages: Assyrian, Arabic, Vietnamese
- Support programs for New Arrivals
- Strong support for English as an additional Language or Dialect
- Gifted and Talented Programs
- Specialist Music teacher - whole school
- Gardening Program - partially supported by the Royal Botanical Gardens Sydney
- Dance Company
- Debating and Public Speaking
- Interest Clubs whole school on a Friday
- Buddy System
- Very strong sporting programs with links to Westfields Sports High School
- Transition to School Programs
- Leadership opportunities including Student Representative Council
- Breakfast Club five days per week
- Learn to Swim programs
- Strong Library program including bilingual story times.
For any further information please contact the school on 02 9604 5568.
In accordance with the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA, 1992) and the Disability Standards for Education 2005, professional teacher judgement may be required when addressing instances of student non-compliance with school-wide behavioural expectations. Consideration must be given to individual student capacity to understand and demonstrate appropriate schoolwide behaviours and should be applied in conjunction with contextualised, explicit teaching strategies.